
In ‘The School of Athens’ painted by ‘Raphael’ he included many features that mimic/mirror the society of his time by including particular elements from the ‘Renaissance’ period. The renaissance was a time which had many great minds and also many creative thinkers whom came up with many brilliant ideas that opened new gateways too new discovery and experimentation, but while exploring new areas they still maintained their belief in ‘God’ and their religion. Many ideas that were discovered in the renaissances have stayed alive and helped mankind progress through time, and one of the important elements/examples that is shown in this painting would be the group people in the right foreground. These accurate paintings of people mirror the society of the renaissance because more and more people where beginning to think/ and observe how the earth was incorporated in the universe. By looking at these people you can observe that one of them is holding a globe, this tells you that people where beginning to look at what was out there, explore and want to know more. Eventually after more and more people became interested in the universe devises such as the telescope where invented which helped mankind clearly see what was out there. Another element that mirrors the society of the renaissance would be on the other side of the painting on the left side, but also in the foreground. You see a group of people bunched up but if you look carefully you can see that they are taking notes. Taking notes by hand was very important because the ideas that were written could easily be copied and others could use those ideas and learn from them. More and more people also wanted to learn so machines such as the printing press where invented to help create books faster thus spreading the knowledge faster about their findings. Together these two factors prove to me that while painting ‘The School of Athens’, ‘Raphael’ was trying to mirror the society of his time so people no matter what age or what era could enjoy the splendid wonders of the renaissance.

If I were a part of the painting ‘The School of Athens’ I would be the statue of the ‘God’ Apollo. Apollo was the son of the Greek Gods Zeus and Leto and had a twin sister named Artemis ‘the chaste huntress’. Apollo was seem as the god of sun and light but also was seen as the God of Truth and Prophecy; he also enjoyed and was supportive over different types of art. In this painting you can see ‘Apollo’ perched in the background on the lefts side, carved into the architecture of the building. Apollo had a lot of wit and strength and was also very courageous, he always tried his best. Even at the age of 4 days old Apollo saved his mother by using a bow and an arrow, killing a python that was sent to kill his mother ‘Leto’ by the god ‘Hera’. I strive to do the best I can at anything that is thrown at me, keeping me going and striving for the best. Apollo was also an overachiever and always set his standards high for tasks that he was meant to do and usually accomplished these high standards he put out for himself. Usually I take risks to help me and also others. I use creativity in my work to either improve it or make my message clear. Apollo had many intellectual pursuits but when it came to him family he wanted to protect them, first he showed him bravery by saving his mother and after Apollo’s son Asclepius was struck with one of Zeus’s bolts he went out to get revenge, killing the Cyclops who had fashioned the bolt for Zeus. I always think of my family first before anything and if something where to happen to them I would most likely try to find out who did it, thus creating justice for that person. Apollo was very talented and included in many activities. I also am also involved in many activities and enjoy them very much. Sports and activities make up my life academically pushing me further thus making me want to learn more, and I am determined to do the best I possibly can throughout my life.
0 comments:
Post a Comment