CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 24, 2009

Who am I ‘poem'


I chose this picture above of the 2 flowers because although both flowers are the same, they have certain characteristics that make them unique if you look carefully you can see that the decoration colors inside of the flower are different. This represents Singapore and Australia too me they are the same but have many different characteristics that define them differently too me.
Now here is my poem:

I am the new heartbeat of Australia,

My adrenalin flows through its mountains and hills,

My burning sun crusts up my red deserts

My rhythmic waves crash upon the sandy shores

My cool breeze brings hope to the homeless.


I am the roar of Singapore

My gigantic skyscrapers touch the radiant sky,

The glimmering ocean surrounds my country.

I am the ‘Merlion’ guarding my home

I am the fish feeding my nation.


My heart is split in two

One half heart for both my countries

Both hold my soul

So I am never lost.

Different blood runs through my veins,

Collides and causes sudden jolts of movement.

A mix of two

a collage, a patchwork quilt

unified into a whole.

Australian and Singaporean

A new hope of strength and wit

Keeping strong but never forgetting my people.

0 comments: